Thursday, December 22, 2005

Automatic Spine Setup

Having perfected my stretchy spine rig, I'm now faced with the challenge of scripting the entire process for my character kit. This will make setting up the spine a simple matter of positioning some the FK spine joints in the skeleton, then running the script. It will take those FK joints, create a curve along their path, drop PointOnCurve nodes along the curve, constrain and aim the bones to the nodes, and cluster the CVs on the curve so they can be hooked up to the control system later. This should turn a 45 minute manual rig job into a a 5 second push-button affair.

I'll be sure to document my findings as I proceed with this script, so far, all the individual parts that I've tested seem to work fine. Now, its just a matter of combining all those little tests into a single scripted procedure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home